today I am going to share with you, how I made flower pot light houses. My mom actually found this idea online and thought it would be a great gift for my grandma. We loved the way it turned out and wanted to make another one for us to keep. This is how we made them:
What you need:
- 3 flower pots (make sure they are stackable to make a tower)
- paint (use waterproof paint, if you are going to put your light house outside, where it can get wet)
- paint brushes (different sizes optional)
- black/red marker (optional)
- a lantern (small enough to fit on top of the smallest pot)
How we made them:
1. Start by painting all of your pots white. (make sure to paint the smallest bottom white too, because that is the one you will see)
2. Once the paint is dry, paint the top rim red, black or any other color you like.
3. Now, draw or paint on windows and a door. (We used paint for the door and a waterproof black marker for the windows)
4. Next, stack your pots (when they are dry) and add a lantern to the top.
5. You are done!
- put down newspaper and/or do the painting job outside
- if you get red or black paint on the white part, just go over it with white paint
- take a small paint brush or marker to mark the line above the rim (so you paint in the lines and don´t get red/black paint where you don´t want it)
I hope you liked this craft today. If you decide to make it, please send me a picture. I would love to see what you make.