I know it has been a super long time since I posted last. Now I finally have vacation (but only for 2 weeks, we don´t have summer break until 29th of July), so I have more time for crafts. Today was a rainy day, so I went online and looked for some craft ideas. I was thinking of something I could hang in our kitchen on an empty wall and I found this:
My mom and me both thought it was a great idea and since I still had 2 small canvases at home I decided to make 2 similar ones to hang on that empty wall.
Things you will need:
- 1 or more canvases
- craft paint (I used black and white to mix gray)
- paint brush
- scrapbook paper
- tea pot and/or tea cup template (found online)
How to make it:
1. Paint your canvas(es). If you need to, mix colors. (tipp: put down old newspaper or cardboard, so you don´t make a mess :-))
2. Cut out your template and (optional) glue it onto thick paper (to make it more sturdy).
3. Now, trace your template onto scrapbook paper and cut it out. (I used 4 different designs, one for each tea cup)
Tipp: I used a carpet cutter for the small area in the middle of the handle.
4. Once your canvas is dry, decide how you want to place the tea cups/pot on it and then glue on. (I used liquid glue for the tea pot, but it smeared a bit around the edges. I was lucky it dried clear. I recommend using a regular glue stick (which I did for the tea cups)
Can you tell the difference?
5. Once you glued all of the pieces and everything is dry you are done and are ready to hang up your new project.
I hope you liked this fun and easy craft. The fun thing about this is, that you can use whatever colors and scrapbook paper you want. I think the one I found online is also super cute.