Today I have a fun and easy craft for you. I am going to show you how to make fabric key fobs/chains. I made mine with christmas fabric, but you can make yours with whatever fabric you want.
What you need:
- fabric (1 normal fabric & one heavy one)
- sewing machine
- key fob hardware
How to make the key chains:
You can either follow my written instructions down below or use this video from iheartstiching, that shows you how to make the key fobs.
- Cut 2 pieces of fabric (one normal piece, one sturdy piece) to fit your key fob hardware. (Make sure you include seem allowance).
- Lay the 2 pieces good side to good side.
- Sew around them leaving one of the short sides open.
- Cut off any excess fabric. (Don´t cut through the seem!)
- Turn your piece inside out, so your good side is on the outside.
- Sew along the sides to add an edge or add ribbon etc. (this is only optional).
- Attach your hardware by putting it on the open side of your fabric and pressing it closed with some pliers. Make sure it is tight enough that your fabric can´t slide out.
- You just made your key fob!
- Cut your fabric double as long, so you can fold it and attach both sides in between your hardware, creating a loop.
- Sew on stripes or other patterns for some more details.
- Make sure to use a piece of fabric, when you press your hardware closed, so it does not get scratched up.
This was my craft for the day. I hoped you enjoyed it.