sorry I didn´t post the last few days. Therefore I have a really cool and fun project for you today. For todays craft I am going to show you how I made these cute fabric christmas trees. I put mine on a stick, connected to a piece of wood, to look like a stem, but you can also leave yours plain.
What you need:
- christmas tree pattern
- sewing machine or needle and thread
- pillow fluff
- optional: stick/cinnamon stick & a piece of wood
How to make the fabric christmas trees:
- Trace your tree pattern twice (front and back) onto your fabric.
- Add ribbon, buttons or anything else to the front piece of your tree.
- Good side to good side, sew your two fabric pieces together, leaving an opening at the bottom of your tree.
- Cut off any excess. (Don´t cut through your seem!!!)
- Turn your tree inside out, so the good side of the fabric is on the outside.
- Fill your tree with pillow fluff.
- Stitch closed the opening you used to fill the tree.
For the stem & platform:
- Take a piece of wood (I used a round piece from some firewood) and drill a hole into the middle to fit your stick.
- Hot glue your stick into that hole.
- Cut a small opening (large enough for your stick to fit in) into the bottom of the tree.
- Slide your Christmas tree onto the stick of your platform. (If needed, use some glue to secure it.)
- You are done with your homemade fabric Christmas tree!
So, I hope you enjoy making some of these cute trees for yourself or a friend and don´t forget to subscribe and recommend my blog to friends or relatives.