For my post today I am going to show you how I made these cute coffee cozies. Since its almost Christmas, I made mine with some cute christmas fabric, I had at home, but you can make these with any fabric you want.
What you need:
- coffee cozy pattern (click here for the one I used) or a coffee cozy from e.g. starbucks…
- fabric & batting
- sewing machine
- elastic or ribbon and a button
- decorations (ribbon…)
How to make them:
You can click on some of the links below, to find some tutorials or follow my step-by-step instruction down below.
- http://www.houseonhillroad.com/coffeecozy.pdf (PDF instructions+pattern)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOyneeJzJbs&list=UUXrEE1TyCslZgsH1Pql51-Q (iheart stitching youtube video)
- Trace your pattern on the fabric (2 pieces-lining and outside) and the batting.
- Cut out all three pieces.
- Good side to good side, sew together the two fabric pieces on the top and bottom (the long sides) leaving the two short sides open to turn.
- Turn around the cozy and put the batting inside.
- Sew shut the two sides. (I used a little piece of the same fabric, folded it over the edges and sewed it in place.
- Add decorations, elastic/ribbon and button (measure to know, where to place your button and ribbon).
- Put your finished cozy around a cup and you are done!
More useful tips:
- Cut the batting a bit smaller than the other two pieces, so it fits in between.
- If you are using a cozy you already have or a pattern, which doesn´t include seam allowance, make sure you cut the pieces a bit bigger.
- To save niece fabric, use some plain fabric for the inside and your printed one for the outside.
- If you don´t have batting, you can use some thick fabric for the back and it should be fine.
- Decoration ideas: buttons, ribbons (along the edges), embroidered patterns etc.
This was my craft for the day and I hoped you all liked it. I would love it, if you could recommend my blog to some friends and relatives. Have fun making your own coffee cozies!