sorry I didn´t post in a while. I was really busy with school, but today I helped my mom make an Advent Calendar and I thought I could share the idea with you. So, lets get started:
What you need:
- 24 or 25 paper lunch bags (In Germany Christmas is celebrated December, 24th; so we just made 24 bags)
- wooden numbers or a pen
- optional: glue
- any other decorations
- a sewing machine
- filling (e.g. candy, sayings…)
How to make your Advent Calendar:
- Optional: Cut your bags to the size you want them to be (we just cut off about 2 inches of the top).
- Apply the numbers 1-24/25 onto your bags (we found little wooden hearts with numbers, so we hot glued them on to the front of each bag; but you can also use number stickers or just write them on with a pen)
- Decorate your bags with stickers, tape… or you can just leave them plain too.
- Fill your bags with sweets, cards or whatever else you feel like (we filled ours with a piece of chocolate and one card with a fact about Christmas).
- Sew the top of your bags, to close them.
- You are done!
I hope you liked this post and will make an Advent Calendar like this for somebody too. If you want to share your creations please write to firstname.lastname@example.org, I´d like to see what you make.